In Lost Planet 2 players will control their heroes across 6 interconnected episodes, creating a truly unique interactive experience that changes depending upon the actions of the players involved. With this concept, players will have the opportunity to engage in the story in a much more dynamic way as plot threads evolve from different players' perspectives. Beyond the deep single player mode, Lost Planet 2 is loaded with extensive multiplayer modes. The intense and action packed campaign mode comes with the ability to form teams of up to 4 players online to clear mission objectives with friends. The grappling hooks that made the gameplay in Lost Planet a true 3-D experience are back, allowing gamers to gain tactical advantage by quickly scaling buildings.
Lost Planet 2 picks up 10 years since the events of the original adventure and the landscape has evolved dramatically. With the success of terraforming activities, the planet's ice has begun to melt, giving way to lush tropical jungles and other new environments. Follow the exploits of your own customized snow pirates on their quest to seize control of E.D.N III.
In addition to the anchor actions that made the gameplay in Lost Planet a true 3-D experience, Lost Planet 2 allows gamers to gain tactical advantage with a wide variety of new actions. The game will also contain a new addition to the enormous Akrids which were a fan-favourite in the first Lost Planet.
One of Japan's biggest new action series of recent years is heating up - literally. As the ice caps melt the planet of E.D.N III turns from a frozen wasteland to a mix of jungle paradise and blistering desert. That only makes the world more dangerous though, with the continued threat of "snow" pirates and even bigger and more aggressive Akrid monsters.
Only teamwork can bring down creatures like Gordiant
| The robotic Vital Suits are bigger and better than ever |
| Red Eye is one of the biggest monsters in the game |
| Lost Planet's action is no longer limited to icy wastes |
Inspired by Halo and other Western action games this third person shooter also blends in the best of Japanese titles with role-playing style character customisation and some of the best giant robot suits in the business.
Brand new for this sequel is a four-player co-operative option that lets you play through the whole single player campaign with three allies (either human or computer controlled). With a greatly expanded competitive multiplayer as well this should reveal and exploit all of the potential of the original Lost Planet. Key Features
About the Developer: Capcom
- Global warming: Return to E.D.N III as this all-action sequel expands on everything from the original with bigger monsters, more versatile robots and more varied backdrops.
- Fantastic four: Never enter a battle alone, as you fight through the story campaign in online co-operative mode or with computer-controlled fighters.
- Giant robo: Pilot VC (Vital Suit) robots that are as versatile as your own character, with transforming models and others that require multiple players to operate.
- Lost makeover: Customise the look of your character and their abilities, with unique weapons and items suited to specific playing styles.
- Environmental modelling: Stunning new graphics technology provides all new backdrops with their own specific dangers, from lush jungle to scorching desert and freezing tundra.
One of the oldest and most respected Japanese publisher/developers, Capcom are very secretive about their internal studios. Their names are not made public, but they've been responsible for classics ranging from Street Fighter II to Resident Evil and Mega Man to Devil May Cry.