Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 21 October 2015
Bought in haste as a replacement for a broken watch, I've grown fond of this watch.

It has a clear face and the digital display is crisp, without the lost edges common to cheap LCD displays. Night viewing is good; the hands are fairly visible but the LCD backlight, activated by pressing the lower right button, does the job better. Despite being a bit garish and in your face, the watch actually looks quite good and the strap is long enough, with sufficient holes, to suit most wrist sizes.

The watch keeps excellent time, being only 1 second out in the first month I've owned it.

Why not 5 stars? A few niggles. Set up and the use of additional functions such as countdown timer, stopwatch etc are complex and I've needed the instructions with me every time I've tried it. The date displays in US format [month/day] which personally I find irritating. Finally, there is a completely unnecessary constantly moving display occupying the 10-2 arc at the top of the dial that can be really off-putting and can't be switched off.

But, on balance, a good solid watch that keeps good time, is clear and readable and [a bonus] is 100m depth certified.
on 12 March 2012
A good sturdy watch. I have had similar watches by Casio, that over time have basicly disintergrated or malfunctioned, this watch feels better put together. For example the strap retainer is made of metal instead of thin, flimsy, rubber and the face is sunk in from the surounding case, better protecting it from scratches. The light function works well too, back lighting the whole face so it is easily visible, even in pitch black conditions. I think for the money this watch is bang on!
on 29 June 2014
Excellent value for money, easy to use and great quality.
on 5 September 2015
Only ordered it on 30th August and wasn't expecting it until 3rd September but arrived the day after I ordered it on a bank holiday. I bought this as a gift for my partner and he loved it!
on 1 July 2013
Highly successful purchase for my 10 year old son, really lovely face. Great value for money.
Highly recommend, and the yellow is lovely.
on 31 July 2014
Bought for my Husband and he loves it. Looks better in real life than the picture.
on 11 February 2016
Yes nice watch shame only one out of the two worked one happy boy one Sad
on 12 November 2014
Very pleased with my purches would recomend.
on 28 May 2015
Excellent watch very fast delivery
on 8 May 2014
I've paid £34.95 for a watch of a different colour of this same model back in January 2013, at the moment of writing this review its price has fallen down to £18.98. I had this watch for a year and 5 months and with normal, reasonable use, the wristband broke in two places. I looked for a replacement in Timpsons, but they said that no standard wristband will fit the watch. I contacted SEIKO, as LORUS is a registered brand of SEIKO LTD, and they nor their parts supplier KKH Services provide such wristband. The solution offered by SEIKO for "inexpensive" watches as this, is to have the whole watch replaced at a standard cost of £16.95 plus £4 for postage. They will send a brand new watch... That means to pay more money than the current cost of the watch, and still you won't be entitled to even keep your original, broken watch. I gave a star to this watch because it works fine, though the case material is only partially made of stainless steel (non visible in the photo: underneath it's made of plastic), and obviously the bad quality of the wristband and the terrible after sales service are not suitable, even for an "inexpensive" watch. AVOID THIS BRAND AT ALL COST.