on 16 February 1999
As is the case in many households these days, we have a very limited amount of time available for preparing meals. As devoted fans of other Lorna Sass cookbooks, we were thrilled when she came to our rescue in the form of this cookbook. It provides quick and easy solutions to people who have a limited amount of time to make dinner--but still want healthy, flavorful meals. What terrific recipes! We absolutely LOVE the Chickpea Curry in a Hurry. Another standout is the lemon-tahini sauce, which you can use either alone as a salad dressing or as an ingredient in a fabulous jerusalem chickpea sandwich filling.
We gave this cookbook to a good friend of ours (a terrific gift for other people pressed for time!), and she loved it. She became a devoted fan of the recipes and raved to us about the overnight pineapple oats.
A definite "must" for everyone. Add it to your Lorna Sass collection, or use it to start your collection. Chances are, you will be tempted to check out other Lorna Sass cookbooks--an impulse that I heartily recommend you indulge!
on 13 April 1999
I bought this book on a whim, but it has quickly become the one I turn to most often during the week, when cooking time is at a premium. Its recipes are imaginative and as quick to execute as the author promises. The gingered quinoa/butternut squash dish is a favorite, as is the kale/udon noodles; these and several others in the book are one-pot meals.
on 8 July 1997
Like all of Lorna Sass's vegetarian cookbooks, this one is a winner. The recipes are not only very tasty but also easy and quick to prepare--perfect for people on the go. If you only buy one cookbook this year, choose this one!
on 1 July 1999
As someone who is trying to eat vegetarian most of the time, I am delighted to have found this cookbook (through the recommendation of Dr. Andrew Weil). The recipes are easy, delicious, non-intimidating, lowfat, and flavorful. My meat-loving husband even enjoys the meals I make from this cookbook. In particular, it is very helpful that Lorna Sass recommends particular brands of products that are better than others (for example, certain canned beans are better than others). Out of all my cookbooks, I find myself turning to this one most often.