- Paperback: 704 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Higher Education; 11 edition (1 Jun. 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0078028558
- ISBN-13: 978-0078028557
- Product Dimensions: 18.5 x 3 x 22.9 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 3,904,639 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Loosening the Grip: A Handbook of Alcohol Information Paperback – 1 Jun 2014
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Jean Kinney, Lecturer in Community and Family Medicine at Dartmouth Medical School, was the Associate Director of the Alcohol Counselor Training Program at Dartmouth conducted between 1972 and 1978. That program was the impetus for this text. Upon completion of the Alcohol Counselor Training Program, she became involved with Project Cork, a program established to develop and implement a model curriculum for medical student education and to create materials for health care professionals. She continues to be involved in professional development initiatives in the substance abuse field. In 1999, she was the first recipients of the Harold Hughes Award given annually by the National Institute of Medicine's National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism. It is given in recognition for efforts to assist in the translation of scientific research into clinical practice. Loosening the Grip was one of her efforts cited in this award.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues > Addictions > Alcoholism
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Public Health & Preventive Medicine
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Public Health & Preventive Medicine