- Buy two DVD or Blu-ray from the qualifying selection for £10 when dispatched from and sold by Amazon. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Check out big titles at small prices with our Chart Offers in DVD & Blu-ray. Find more great prices in our Top Offers Store.
- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
- Important Information on Firmware Updates: Having trouble with your Blu-ray disc player? Will certain discs just not play? You may need to update the firmware inside your player. Click here to learn more.
Other Sellers on Amazon
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
In the futuristic action thriller Looper, time travel will be invented - but it will be illegal and only available on the black market. When the mob wants to get rid of someone, they will send their target 30 years into the past, where a looper" - a hired gun, like Joe (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) - is waiting to mop up. Joe is getting rich and life is good... until the day the mob decides to "close the loop," sending back Joe's future self (Bruce Willis) for assassination. The film is written and directed by Rian Johnson and also stars Emily Blunt,Paul Dano, and Jeff Daniels. Ram Bergman and James D. Stern produce.
- Feature commentary by director Rian Johnson, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Emily Blunt
- Featurettes: "Looper: From the Beginning" , "Scoring Looper"
- 4 deleted scenes with commentary by Rian Johnson and Noah Segan
- Looper animated trailer
- Featurettes: "The Science of Time Travel", "The Two Joes", "New Future, Old School" (Exclusive to Blu-ray)
- 17 Additional deleted scenes with commentary by Rian Johnson and Noah Segan (Exclusive to Blu-ray)
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Time travel was invented in 2074, but immediately outlawed - as result, only criminals use it. One of those uses is to send people whom criminal bosses want to be rid off in the past, so they are killed there, without leaving any traces in the present... As there is no travelling in the future, no one can return from such a voyage... This film tells basically the story of a hit man who in 2044 "welcomes" such time travelers and once "welcomed", gets rid of their bodies...
This hitman is a very average Joe (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) and in principle his story wouldn't be very interesting if it was not for a twist in the whole story which I will let you discover by yourself. Let's just say that the character played by Bruce Willis will have something to do with this whole thing...
Later, after some tribulations, Joe will meet a young woman named Sara (Emily Blunt), a single mother who struggles to make a living on a rather underperforming farm - and then things will finally get REALLY interesting...
This is not a bad film and I don't regret that I saw it, but it is not really anything very special. Yes, there are some nice twists, some of which I actually didn't see coming and yes, there are some really good scenes showing aspects of time travel which are rarely shown on the screen. But, with the exception of one really drastic and SHOCKING development, don't expect any amazing fireworks. Also, action scenes are so so, with "bad guys" hardly able to hit anything (sigh... what else is new?).Read more ›
The basic concept is that Joe, played by Joseph Gordon Leavitt has been recruited by a mafia boss sent backwards in time by 30 years from 2074 to carry out hits on undesirables, also sent back from the future, where it is seemingly impossible to dispose of the bodies. Eventually, as time travel itself is illegal, the hit-men are required to dispose of their older selves, receiving a pay off in the process which will allow them to live in comfort for the next 30 years. The second element of the story is hinted at by the fact that a proportion of the population is mildly telekinetic.
Joe's troubles begin when he fails to kill his older self, played by Bruce Willis.
The movie falls into three acts, firstly establishing the scenario of young Joe's life, secondly, rapidly telling the thirty year story of how he becomes Bruce Willis, and thirdly the event's after Old Joe's return, which also involve single mother, Emily Blunt, and her young son.
The 2044 in which the film is set is not one in which there has been a great deal of progress, other than the invention of levitating motorbikes. If anything it has a retro-feel reminiscent of Terry Gilliam's Brazil.
It is all well played and Gordon-Leavitt and Willis are convincing in establishing younger and older selves with similar mannerisms.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Not your average sci fi film more to it than you would think very good filmPublished 4 days ago by optimus prime
Gripping, mostly clever and well acted with a great cast. Some serious plot holes at the end thoughPublished 10 days ago by Amazon Customer
In this 2012 science fiction action thriller film, organised crime uses time travel to get rid of victims by sending the bound live person into the past. Read morePublished 12 days ago by Throda tzen
I hate reading reviews of time travel movies where pseudo-intellectuals think that they are all of a sudden quantum physicists because they've found a paradoxical plot hole. Read morePublished 15 days ago by Inspector Gadget
OK so it's a time travel movie and convoluted for the hell of it, I have no real problem with that been there seen it before not a problem. Read morePublished 21 days ago by Lord Baal