Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Dec 2011 08:48:22 GMT
Prometheus77 says:
I just received this box from a reseller and to me the box, well everything from the box to the artwork to the dvd, the quality of the print, kinda looks like it has been photocopied. Haven't watched the dvds though. Is this the way this box is supposed to look? Any feedback would be nice. Thanks!

Posted on 3 Jan 2012 21:50:12 GMT
mc-Hotsauce says:
mine was "not" a knockoff...
just how it was when i saw it at the store.
and cheap for the 4 seasons.

Posted on 3 Jan 2012 22:35:29 GMT
Prometheus77 says:
I'm not saying it's a knock off... the question was, whether the quality of the print on the box, cover and DVD kinda looks cheap and even a bit grainy? Do other copies look like that as well? As I'm not in the UK I can't go to the store and check it out myself!

Posted on 20 Mar 2012 12:24:36 GMT
mc-Hotsauce says:
sorry if i came off to rough...i did not mean to.
the print looks flawless like the stand alone sets do.
the UK is lucky they have a set to buy as in the US we dont.
when i was there i did check out a few store fronts and noticed they look the same as the one i have.
cheers! :)

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jun 2012 03:31:09 BDT
T2000KW says:
You can get a region-free DVD player to play any of the 3 formats used in the world, including the PAL format, and play them on your US television. I bought one for the very reason that two DVDs (The St. Trinian's movies) were not available in NTSC format (the US format). Since then, I've found that I can buy British TV series sets (like Hyperdrive) that I either can't find here in the US or cheaper than I can buy them here, even after shipping from Amazon.co.uk to the USA.

The region-free player I bought was a converted International Pioneer DVD player with upgraded electronics and a 2-year warranty instead of the original manufacturer's 1 year, all for less than $100. You can buy cheaper region-free players for under $50 now, so they're just a bit more than a region 1 only player.

Blu-Ray region-free players are also now available. Amazon sells some of either type. I bought my region-free DVD player at 220-Electronics dot com, but Amazon appears to offer less expensive ones.

Donald
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  5 Dec 2011
Latest post:  11 Jun 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Big Bang Theory - Season 1-4 Complete [DVD] [2011]
Big Bang Theory - Season 1-4 Complete [DVD] [2011] by Johnny Galecki (DVD - 2011)
4.9 out of 5 stars   (292)