Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Subscribe and Save Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Sister forum

Looking for thrillers that make you think

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Jul 2011 11:47:54 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Jul 2011 11:51:02 BDT
My problem is that I love a thriller - a fast-paced, full-of-suspense story that is always one up ahead of me - but most have one-dimensional characters, sloppy dialogue and move so fast that I don't get emotionally caught up. I loved 'Sister' by Rosamund Upton because it had suspense, was beautifully written and I was hooked by the story, the themes and the prose. I didn't feel like I'd wasted my time and brain cells reading it. Also, Room by Emma Donoghue was a big favourite. Another book I've read this year like that is 'Seven Days to Tell You' by Ruby Soames. It's about a woman who wakes up one morning with her husband in bed with her - after he's been missing for three years. He asks for a week to tell his story and hopes for her forgiveness. Now he's ready to tell her his secrets, is he prepared to hear hers? Is a week long enough to face the truth? I couldn't put this down, I was moved emotionally but also had to find out where this man had been and what was his wife going to do when she found out! If anyone can recommend books like these, I'd love to know as I'm packing my bags soon for a long summer holiday and I get very bored on a beach!Seven Days to Tell You

Posted on 28 Jul 2011 20:42:28 BDT
No Time For Goodbye By Linwood Barclay is a brilliant thriller, I couldnt put it down on my hols!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Sister forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  3 Jul 2011
Latest post:  28 Jul 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Sister
Sister by Rosamund Lupton (Hardcover - 7 Jun. 2011)
3.9 out of 5 stars (779)