Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 December 2002
The only entry level geophysics book that isn't impossible to read. Explains mathematics properly so anyone who hasn't done A-level maths can understand, Print is not to small and has plenty of diagrams, much more accessible than Lowrie's fundamentals of geophysics.
on 22 March 2011
I agree with the previous reviewer - this book is a little gem.

It makes geophycics understandable to those without a strong maths background. The format is easily digestible - it contains lot of illustrative diagrams and photos, lists of further readings at the end of each chapter plus exercises to work on (called problems).
I bought this book couple of years back for my university module and I still return to it now and then, just to flick through to remind myself of the basics.
on 9 March 2015