Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 8 Aug 2012 09:32:37 BDT
Hi- we are looking to purchase a number of devices with SD storage to enable students to review video footage of animal behaviour and to view web cams displaying real time animal interactions. Has anyone any comments on the effectiveness or otherwise of this device in this type of situation? Also any comments re robustness? Looking at this particular device as it appears very cost effective and has many favourable comments.
Many thanks,
Ian

Posted on 8 Aug 2012 12:48:20 BDT
DC says:
There is a balance between cost, performance and reliability you'd need to evaluate. I'd recommend buying one of the cheaper 8GB models to look at it.

In terms of performance:
They will play video as in movies, so there should be no problem there.
Resolution is 800x480 which is poor. However, I suspect adequate for your needs.
Wifi speed is decent but you really need to test its effectiveness in real life usage
I have mine connected to a corporate network, so connection is likely to be fine.

In terms of robustness:
You do get what you pay for. These are not rugged tablets and the screens are not Gorilla Glass.
The connectors seem OK, though the power supplies are quite rubbish, which I think is not uncommon in the cheaper tablet world.

I don't know how many devices you are considering purchasing but contacting the supplier might be a good first step. Once they understand your needs they might allow you to test one.

The supplier (Wendy Lou) does seem to be reasonable, reliable and helpful and has been around for some time.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Aug 2012 12:58:42 BDT
Hi- many thanks for taking the time to reply- will contact the supplier as you suggest- cheers, Ian
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions