Your students will always understand the definitions, no matter how difficult or technical the word they are looking up. All definitions are written using the Longman Defining Vocabulary of just 2000 common words.
Your students will learn real, natural English. All the 155,000 examples are based on the Longman Corpus Network, and provide students with useful model sentences for their own writing.
The 3000 most frequent words in both spoken and written English are highlighted only Longman dictionaries do this.
- 63,000 collocations help students understand how words are used together
- Real life examples show words in context
- Avoid errors by using the Word Focus boxes and usage notes
- Find the meaning you want quickly with clear signposts
- 3000 most frequent words highlighted in red the only reliable list of frequent words, based entirely on corpus research
The CD ROM
- All headwords pronounced in British and American English
- Find the meaning of any word in the dictionary simply by double-clicking
- Over 1000 pronunciation exercises, including intonation practice
- Exam practice for FCE, CAE, CPE, IELTS and TOEIC®
- Listen to 88,000 spoken examples to hear natural correct English sentences
- 1 million extra example sentences
- Builds vocabulary using the Longman Language Activator
Longman Writing Assistant
The Longman Writing Assistant is a handy pop-up tool students can use while writing to find information on word choice, grammar, collocations and how to avoid common errors.