Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

The Longest Day Colour Version should be released on DVD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 50 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Jan 2008 11:37:31 GMT
We all know that there is a colour version that is available
to TV Companies but for some daft reason although it has been released as a Video Tape officially it has never been released on dvd which is absolutely crazy.

I am sure that most Collectors would buy the Colour version even although they already own the B & W version.

I have seen The Longest Day Colour Version on UK TV and the Colorization is very good hence why I cant work out why they dont release it on DVD.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jun 2008 11:35:18 BDT
Hi - at last someone who has seen TLD in colour. When I tell my friends that I have a video version in colour they refuse to believe me, but one day on TV it came on and I thought I would record it on my vcr - unhappily cd player/recorders weren`t around then, but if they had been - wow! At least I can watch it on my new HD Sony widescreen Bravia, and no thats not an advert, its my new tv, we finally went widescreen and modern. But if beggars belief that if there is a colour master tape out there why don`t they issue it - digitally remastered, even a blue ray version, it would be fantastic. So come on guys get complaining, maybe someobody somewhere will hear us. Sandy

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Jun 2008 16:55:17 BDT
ClarkF1 says:
I saw it in colour on TV and thought it was awful. The colours were all wrong, they all had very pink faces.

I'm glad it's not been released

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Dec 2008 13:27:49 GMT
Mark Kibble says:
This film was released in black and white for a reason, that is EFFECT, I also recall seeing it in colour and was not at all impressed. If its not broke, why mend it?

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Feb 2009 18:03:25 GMT
K. D. Smith says:
I have it in Colour on DVD, got it from Australia, contact me for more information

In reply to an earlier post on 13 May 2009 07:55:51 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 May 2009 07:57:48 BDT
S. Line says:
Hi there i have a copy on Video which i recorded when it was on TV, but my copy is not very good now with time. I was wondering if i could have a copy off yours, how much would you want for the service. My email address is stphl721@aol.com.
Kind regards
Steve

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2009 00:30:48 BDT
Hi
Re the longest day in colour -could you please let me have the details of where you got your copy from in australia.i have searched for this dvd a long long time.
Thanks for any help you can give.
Regards
Bill

In reply to an earlier post on 27 May 2009 21:33:45 BDT
I'd like to get a copy if poss. My email address is laurie@chromesun.co.uk.
I heard that the colorized/colourised Shirley Temple films are well done. If it's coloured with care and attention to detail, a b & w film will possibly be better than the original (remember very early b&W films, eg. Laurel & Hardy, circa. 1920s, missed out red). I reckon this will happen soon. Have you any other good-quality colour DVDs available, preferably Golden Age by eg. Twentieth Century Fox or there contemporary UK counterparts?

Posted on 28 Jun 2009 12:39:09 BDT
I saw TLD in colour whilst in France, as a collector of the film in all it's releases I would love to have a BluRay special edition with both original and coloured release in a box set. Of course it was released in BW to add to the feel of the real events, however, there is plenty of original war footage shot in colour that looks fantastic, so it is time a colourised version of TLD was released.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Aug 2009 20:56:24 BDT
Last edited by the author on 11 Aug 2009 21:05:28 BDT
Hello,

I have just read all your comments on this forum regarding the above film being available in colour, and hope you do not mind my presumption in replying.

I finally managed to purchase an excellent quality colour version, (this is not a copy of a video, but is from the original colour film which as you know, was not generally released). Should any of you be interested, I can send you a copy, including p & p for £10, which is less than half of what I paid.

My email address is: bernard@warners.org.uk

Please accept my best wishes,

Bernard

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Sep 2009 14:56:13 BDT
Hi Bernard,

Interested in buying a copy of the longest day in colour please send payment, post details etc. I live in the UK.

Many thanks

Patrick O'Sullivan

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Sep 2009 10:24:06 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 12 Sep 2009 10:25:09 BDT]

Posted on 23 Sep 2009 10:14:14 BDT
you can buy it here...
http://www.raremoviesuk.co.uk/the-longest-day-dvd-colour-version-plus-free-dvd-65th-service-at-arromanches-249-p.asp

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Oct 2009 04:06:39 BDT
hi enquiring about the longest day in colour dvd

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Oct 2009 04:06:52 BDT
hi enquiring about the longest day in colour dvd

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Feb 2010 11:47:16 GMT
D. Norcup says:
hi brian
i can also tell you that the film was shot in colour and black and white when it was made and thay chose to release the black and white version so there is a master copy out there somewhere you can buy bootlegs of it which are very good but if thay want us to stop buying pirate dvd's why don't thay release it i'm with you its about time
Dave

In reply to an earlier post on 14 May 2010 22:16:15 BDT
please send me info on this colour version of the longest day

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Sep 2010 12:55:57 BDT
Ken Raus says:
Have you the Aussie contact for the colour version, Then? Interested to know if has extras,Too...Thanking you in advance

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Sep 2010 15:11:24 BDT
can you tell me where I can get a copy please

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Dec 2010 19:48:38 GMT
Andrew Ayton says:
Hi Brian,
My name is Andy and you probably know that The Longest Day is on DVD now, but it would be brillant to watch it in colour, because the B/W version of the movie was quiet dull, but still a great movie to watch. Wow, I would of love to seen this movie in colour.

My regards

Andy.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Dec 2010 17:02:50 GMT
Ken Raus says:
Try www.raremovies.co.uk-Apparently 2 and a half hours with/without extra disc @£10.00..All the best,Ken.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Jan 2011 14:00:21 GMT
sci-fi fan says:
Not correct. The film was released in B

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Jan 2011 14:58:10 GMT
Ken Raus says:
Sorry,Don't understand-'B'? I got that info from a link here from that site,from them.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jan 2011 17:07:14 GMT
Last edited by the author on 8 Jan 2011 17:11:46 GMT
"Longest Day" was ONLY filmed in B/w and never colour.My personal opinion is that it`s a shame such a spectacle with hundreds of extras and sweeping battle scenes wasn`t filmed in colour in the first place.The colourised version is far from perfect with unconvincing flesh tones,incorrect uniforms(character played by Leo Genn)and white is often turned into yellow.I`m usually against any form of tampering with original presentations-some films such as "Battle of Algiers" and "Spy Who Came in From The Cold" were shot in b/w for a reason and undoubtedly are better seen in that format.I`m sure I`ll be shot for this but quite frankly I couldn`t give a damn-this needs to be RE:COLOURISED and released on Blu-Ray.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Mar 2011 22:28:06 GMT
would you do me a copy and if so what would be the cost
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  34
Total posts:  50
Initial post:  13 Jan 2008
Latest post:  20 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions