Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet New Zealand's North Island is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Escape to Waiheke Island's beautiful beaches, explore urban Auckland's live music scene, or black-water raft through the glowworm grottos of Waitomo; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of New Zealand's North Island and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet New Zealand's North Island Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, religion, history, art, literature, film, music, dance, politics, and wildlife
- Over 65 local maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and Active North Island
- Coverage of Bay of Islands, Northland, Auckland, Waikato, the King Country, Coromandel Peninsula, Rotorua, Taupo, the Central Plateau, Taranaki, Whanganui, the East Coast, the Wellington Region, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet New Zealand's North Island, our most comprehensive guide to New Zealand's North Island, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for more coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's New Zealand guide for a comprehensive look at what the whole country has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover New Zealand, a photo-rich guide to all the most popular attractions in that country.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Brett Atkinson, Sarah Bennett, Peter Dragicevich, Charles Rawlings-Way, and Lee Slater.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)