#1 bestselling guide to New Zealand*
Lonely Planet New Zealand is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Behold Rotorua's bubbling geysers, hike past aquamarine bays and sparkling glaciers, or try abalone and other Maori favorites while overlooking Auckland's waterfront; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of New Zealand and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet New Zealand Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, environment, Maori customs, arts, music politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, wine, and more
- Free, convenient pull-out New Zealand map (included in print version), plus over 75 regional or neighbourhood maps
- Useful features - including Trekking Guide, What's New, and Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar)
- Coverage of Auckland, Bay of Islands, Coromandel Peninsula, Central Plateau, Rotorua, East Coast, Wellington, Marlborough, West Coast, Christchurch, Dunedin, Queenstown, Fiordland, Southland, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps to avoid roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities to get to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet New Zealand, our most comprehensive guide to New Zealand, is perfect for both exploring the top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of New Zealand? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover New Zealand, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on just the North or South islands of New Zealand? Check out Lonely Planet's New Zealand's South Island guide or New Zealand's North Island guide for a comprehensive look at what each of these islands has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Charles Rawlings-Way, Brett Atkinson, Sarah Bennett, Peter Dragicevich, Lee Slater, Professor James Belich, Tony Horwitz, John Huria, Josh Kronfeld, Gareth Shute, Nandor Tanczos, and Vaughan Yarwood.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off the beaten track and understand more of the nature and culture of the places they find themselves in.
*Bestselling guide to New Zealand. Source: Nielsen Bookscan. Australia, UK and USA, March 2011 to February 2012.