Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Sicily is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Feast on Sicilian cuisine, explore the historic charms of Syracuse, climb a fiery volcano, island-hop throughout the Aeolian archipelago, get lost in Palermo's Ballaro market; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Sicily and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Sicily Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, architecture, art, cinema, literature, Sicilian cuisine, wine, the Sicilian way of life, and more
- Over 59 colour maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Eat & Drink Like a Local, Outdoor Activities, First Time, Month by Month (annual festival calendar), and Travel with Children
- Coverage of Palermo, western Sicily, the Tyrrhenian Coast, the Aeolian Islands, the Ionian Coast, Syracuse, central Sicily, the Mediterranean Coast, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Sicily, our most comprehensive guide to Sicily, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Italy guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover Italy, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Gregor Clark, and Vesna Maric.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.