Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Queensland & the Great Barrier Reef is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Delve into the vivid undersea kingdom at the Great Barrier Reef, experience the ancient Daintree Rainforest, or wander through the open-air markets in Brisbane; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Queensland and the Great Barrier Reef and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Queensland & the Great Barrier Reef Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, film, music, politics, environment wildlife, cuisine, and wine
- Over 67 neighbourhood maps
- Useful features - including Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), Queensland Outdoors, and Travel with Children
- Coverage of Brisbane, Cairns, Noosa, Fraser Island, Kuranda, Port Douglas, the Daintree, Townsville, Innisfail, Whitsunday Coast, Cape York Peninsula, the Savannah Way, Redcliffe, Birdsville, Gold Coast, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Queensland & the Great Barrier Reef, our most comprehensive guide to Queensland and the Great Barrier Reef, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Australia guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover Australia, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Regis St Louis, Sarah Gilbert, Catherine La Nevez, and Olivia Pozzan.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)