Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Pocket New York City is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Stand and applaud a razzle-dazzle Broadway show, take in the iconic skyline during a ferry ride toward Lady Liberty's beckoning torch, or stroll along Central Park's elm-lined walkways; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of New York City and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Pocket New York City:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out New York City map (included in print version), plus over 16 color neighborhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organized by neighborhoods to help you determine the best spots to spend your time
- Useful features - including Best with Kids, Walking Tours, and Don't Miss (quick glance at must-sees)
- Coverage of Lower Manhattan, SoHo, Chinatown, Lower East Side, Greenwich Village, Chelsea, Meatpacking District, Union Square, Flatiron District, Gramercy, Midtown, Upper East Side, Upper West Side, Harlem, South Brooklyn and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Pocket New York City is a handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, providing on-the-go assistance to travelers who seek only the can't-miss experiences. Colorful and easy-to-use, this neighborhood-focused guide includes unique local recommendations to maximize your quick trip experience.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends a wide range of experiences, both popular and offbeat, and extensively covers all of New York City's neighborhoods? Check out Lonely Planet's New York City guide, or Lonely Planet's Discover New York City, a photo-rich guide to all of the city's most popular attractions.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Eastern USA guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet and Brandon Presser.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)