Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Kuala Lumpur, Melaka & Penang is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Explore Malaysia's iconic Petronas Towers, visit the technicolour temples in the Batu Caves, or experience Chinese and Malay mixed cuisine with Nonya food; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Kuala Lumpur, Melaka, and Penang and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Kuala Lumpur, Melaka & Penang Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including culture history, art, cinema, music, dance, architecture, politics, flora, wildlife, and cuisine
- Over 27 neighbourhood maps
- Useful features - including Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), Shopping, and Travel with Children
- Coverage of Klang, Putrajaya, Jonker's Walk, Melaka City, Georgetown, Seberang Perai, Kampung Baru, Batu Ferringhi, Teluk Bahang, Balik Pulau, Teluk Kumbar, Gertak Sanggul, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Kuala Lumpur, Melaka & Penang, our most comprehensive guide to Kuala Lumpur, Melaka, and Penang, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Malaysia, Singapore & Brunei guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover Malaysia & Singapore, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Simon Richmond, and Celeste Brash.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)