on 8 November 2012
Tgia guide was quite useful. I especially enjoyed the history & culture section was very informative. The information about what to do in Jamaica was good but a bit frustrating as it was organised by region and there was no index so if you had heard of an attraction and wanted to know more it was hard to find if you didn't know where it was on the island.. An index so you could look up attractions by name would have made all the difference to this guide. Some of the info was a little out of date but no book can be current for long I guess!
on 17 February 2014
I love the LP. I have so many happy memories of wandering around far flung places with my face in the book. The recommendations are always great and it has always been my bible. BUT the kindle version is USELESS! It's impossible to navigate, use or read, the maps are terrible, the links are useless and everything about it is AWFUL. don't buy it. Get a paper version. SERIOUSLY.
on 14 October 2013
Good information, spoiled by poor layout/index. A more intuitive index would improve book significantly. Good if you are prepared to spend time battling the index!
on 25 October 2013
A clear book and included all the information I was looking for. Clear descriptions and, at the moment, up to date!
on 23 March 2014
Stuff that was mentioned as disappearing fast had already gone.
Hotels had been build making access to some of the beaches described impossible or difficult to access (with no help on how to get round it)
on 12 April 2013
Lonely Planet is always pretty good. This one doesn't have a lot of glossy pictures and limited information (given our hotel wasn't included) on some aspects. Still a very useful guide to take with us.
on 25 September 2014
It provides many information, but no actual pictures of the places described. There are just a few images at the beginning and then it's just a bunch of descriptions and informations
on 21 June 2013
Bought this for a 10 day break in Jamaica. We found the book very interesting and provided great suggestions of things to do in the areas we visited.
on 4 October 2013
A lot of interesting information some of them unknown even by some natives.

the way to look at Jamaica with earnest eyes.
on 16 May 2014
great book, easy read, loads of info on Jamaica . suggested hotels I have used!!
enjoy the book ,one love