Discover the freedom of the open road while touring Ireland with Lonely Planet's Ireland's Best Trips, your passport to the most up-to-date advice on unique Irish experiences that await you along Ireland's roadways. This guide features 34 amazing road trips, from 2-day escapes to 2-week adventures. Wander the tuneful streets of Galway, taste the best of Ireland's eateries at Cork, or explore the world-class museums of Dublin; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to Europe, jump in the car, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet's Ireland's Best Trips:
- Lavish colour and gorgeous photography on every page to inspire you as you plan
- Itineraries and planning advice help you pick the right routes for you and tailor your trip to your needs and interests
- Get around easily with 81 easy-to-read, full-colour regional and route maps and detailed directions
- Free, convenient pull-out Ireland road map (included in print version)
- Insider tips about Irish driving rules and road etiquette help you get around like a local to avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices, and Irish road signs key
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, and sight-seeing
- Useful features - including Driving Problem Buster, Detours, and Link Your Trip
- Coverage of Dublin, Ennis, Cork, Galway, Belfast, the Dingle Peninsula, Wexford, Waterford, Killarney, Limerick, Westport, Tralee, Kenmare, Ring of Kerry, Connemara, Glendalough, Doolin, Derry, Bangor, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Ireland 's Best Trips is perfect for those planning to explore Ireland via the road and discover sights that are only accessible by car.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Lonely Planet's Ireland guide, our most comprehensive guide to Ireland is perfect for those planning to both explore top sights and lesser-known gems. Looking for just the highlights of Ireland? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover Ireland, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on Dublin? Check out Lonely Planet's Dublin guide for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer or Lonely Planet's Dublin Encounter, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
There's More in Store for You:
See more of Europe's picturesque country sides and have the rich, authentic experience you dream about by exploring Europe by car with Lonely Planet's Best Trips guides. Check out Lonely Planet's France's Best Trips or Italy's Best Trips for more European road-tripping ideas.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Fionn Davenport, Belinda Dixon, Catherine Le Nevez, and Oda O'Carroll.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category