Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Ireland is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Slurp oysters and clap your hands to spirited fiddle music in a lively Galway pub, explore medieval castles in Dublin and beyond, or set off amid vibrant green hills toward Atlantic coastal trails; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Ireland and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Ireland Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including
- customs, history, art, literature, music, landscapes, sports, food and drink
- Free, convenient pull-out Dublin map (included in print version), plus over 80 colour maps
- Coverage of Dublin, Waterford, Kilkenny, Cork, Kerry, Kildare, Limerick, Clare, Galway, Sligo, Donegal, The Midlands, Louth, Belfast, Armagh, Derry, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Ireland, our most comprehensive guide to Ireland, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover Ireland guide, a photo-rich guide focused on the most popular sights Ireland has to offer.
- Looking for a guide focused on Dublin? Check out Lonely Planet's Dublin guide for a comprehensive look at what the city has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Fionn Davenport, Catherine Le Nevez, Josephine Quintero, Ryan Ver Berkmoes, and Neil Wilson.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.