Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Europe on a Shoestring is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, what hidden discoveries await you, and how to optimize your budget for an extended continental trip. Steep yourself in the cultural riches of historic capital cities, sample cheese and wine in friendly mountain towns, or soak up sunshine along the glittering Mediterranean; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Europe and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Europe Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Budget-oriented recommendations with honest reviews - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, theatre, music, architecture, landscapes, cuisine, wine, and more.
- Over 150 colour maps
- Useful features - including Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), Don't Miss, and Itineraries (suggested routes that maximize your time and money)
- Coverage of Portugal, Spain, France, Britain, Ireland, Iceland, Germany, Scandinavia, Italy, Poland, Malta, Belarus, Russia, Ukraine, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey, Austria, Belgium, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Croatia, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Europe on a Shoestring, our most comprehensive guide to Europe, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for just a few of the destinations included in this guide? Check out Lonely Planet's Travel Guides to those particular destinations, our most comprehensive guides that cover both the top sights and take the roads less travelled, or check out Lonely Planet's Discover Guides which are photo-rich guides to countries' most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Tom Masters, Brett Atkinson, Carolyn Bain, James Bainbridge, Mark Baker, Cristian Bonetto, Kerry Christiani, Paul Clammer, Jayne D'Arcy, Chris Deliso, Marc Di Duca, Peter Dragicevic, Lisa Dunford, Mark Elliot, David Else, Steve Fallon, Duncan Garwood, Anthony Ham, Anna Kaminski, Craig McLachlan, Anja Mutic, Becky Ohlsen, Fran Parnell, Leif Pettersen, Brandon Presser, Josephine Quintero, Tim Richards, Simon Richmon, Miles Roddis, Tamara Sheward, Caroline Sieg, Regis St Louis, Andy Symington, Ryan Ver Berkmoes, Richard Watkins, Nicola Williams, and Neil Wilson.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)