Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Eastern USA is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Hit the streets of New York City, experience the magic of Walt Disney, or ascend the steps of the Lincoln Memorial; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Eastern USA and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Eastern USA Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, road trips and scenic drives, outdoor activities, wildlife, cuisine, and wine
- Over 45 color maps
- Coverage of New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New England, Washington DC, New Orleans, Florida, Great Lakes, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Eastern USA, our most comprehensive guide to Eastern USA, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for a guide focused on New York City, Washington DC, or Boston? Check out Lonely Planet's New York City guide, Washington, DC guide, or Boston guide for a comprehensive look at what each of these cities has to offer; or Lonely Planet's Discover New York City, a photo-rich guide to the city's most popular attractions.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's USA guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover USA, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Karla Zimmerman, Amy C Balfour, Michael Grosberg, Paula Hardy, Adam Karlin, Mariella Krause, Adam Skolnick and Mara Vorhees,
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - The New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' -Fairfax Media (Australia)