Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's Discover New York City is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Pay a visit to Lady Liberty, explore the 800 green acres of Central Park, and make a night of it in the bar-lined streets of the Lower East Side; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of New York City and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Discover New York City:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, food & drink, art, architecture, shopping.
- Free, convenient pull-out Manhattan city map (included in print version), plus over 20 color maps
- Covers Lower Manhattan, SoHo, Chinatown, East Village, Lower East Side, Greenwich Village, Chelsea, Meatpacking District, Union Square, Midtown, Upper East Side, Upper West Side, Upper Manhattan and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Discover New York City, our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colorful photos, focuses on New York City's most popular attractions for those looking for the best of the best.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences and extensively covers all of the city's neighborhoods? Check out Lonely Planet's New York City guide. Or check out Pocket New York City, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Eastern USA guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Regis St Louis and Cristian Bonetto.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.