Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's Discover Hawai'i, the Big Island is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Chase lava in the Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park, stargaze at Mauna Kea, Hawai'i's highest mountain and most sacred spot, or play on the powdery white sands of Hapuna Beach; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Hawai'I, the Big Island and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Discover Hawai'i, the Big Island:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, arts & craft, music, traditional hula dancing, coffee, cuisine, landscapes and wildlife.
- Over 30 color maps
- Covers Kailea-Kona and the Kona Coast, Kohala, Waimea, Manua Kea, Saddle Road, Hamakua Coast, Hilo, Puna, Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park, Ka'u and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Discover Hawai'i, the Big Island , our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colorful photos, focuses on Hawai'i, the Big Island's most popular attractions for those looking for the best of the best.
- Looking for more coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Hawaii guide for a comprehensive look at what the whole region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Sara Benson and Luci Yamamoto.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.