Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Discover Florida is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Fish the Florida Keys, hit up a hot Miami club for all-night dancing, or kayak by cypress domes and mangroves in the Everglades; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Florida and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Discover Florida:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, landscapes, wildlife, beaches, food, drink, and more
- Over 25 color local maps
- Useful features - including Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), Travel with Kids, and What's New
- Coverage of Walt Disney World, Orlando, Universal Studios, SeaWorld, Tampa Bay, Gulf Coast, Palm Beach, Gold Coast, The Everglades, Miami, the Keys, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Discover Florida, our easy-to-use guide, is perfect for travelers who seek the most popular attractions a destination has to offer. Filled with inspiring and colorful photos, this guide focuses on the best of the best.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends a wide range of experiences, both popular and offbeat, and extensively covers all the state has to offer? Check out Lonely Planet's Florida guide.
- Looking for a guide focused on Miami and the Keys? Check out Lonely Planet's Miami & the Keys guide for a comprehensive look at all region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Adam Karlin, Jeff Campbell, Jennifer Denniston, and Emily Matchar.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)