on 22 February 2013
I have been using Lonely Planets for most of my travels all across the world and although some are less good than others I must say this one is written well, with a trademark lonely planet wit and is very helpful from cultural information to safety, budget, travel guidance. It has everything you need to feel well equipped to travel Colombia.
on 30 August 2014
I use the Lonely Planet series a lot as I travel for work and pleasure. The information is ok and together with such sites as Trip Advisor helps me sort our hotels, where to eat when I am too tired to look around and if I have an extra few days, sites to see etc. But maybe I am getting a bid jaded because the eternally upbeat, 'hip' dude' style is beginning to wear on me. Some places are just dirty, or ugly, or uninteresting and a bit of honesty now and again would go a long way. Also there is bait of duplication in the way the book was laid out - Colombia highlights, then the same places get a mention elsewhere so I was flicking about all over the place.
Still - this is the best size of a book for tucking into backpacks and also handbags of an evening when you are going around in circles in the old town of Cartagena and have to keep digging out the map...
on 8 March 2014
Unfortunately I only travelled to Bogota and Villa de Leyva and this book of course contains a wealth of information on the whole country - most of which I will never need.
More information on the Bogota Transmilenio bus network would have been useful.
on 10 August 2015
Really useful. Missed out a few great places, particularly on the north coast (costeno surf camp) However, I'm sure thats only because its two years old and they will be mentioned in the new one.
on 13 October 2013
Superb as is their whole series, this was an update from my elderly LP guide of the same country. Service allround excellent as expected.
on 23 April 2015
Usual Lonely Planet efficiency - details of most places , how to get there etc. Only problem is that there are not too many hotel reviews for Bogota.
on 19 May 2015
excellent and extremely useful for our trip - our Bible!
we might add a few other places to eat/stay, etc as suggested
on 7 April 2015
Very helpful. We were on an organised tour but this did help us to know what to expect before we went.
on 2 December 2015
Decent.. Could have done with a few more restaurant / hostel recommendations
on 8 December 2014
quick dispatch, would use again