on 29 September 2011
This very portable book is well laid out and informative. Im about half way through and have yet to test the information out in Oz, but it has been a handy tool in the planning process, is well laid out and is an excellent source for ideas and tips. I would recommend this book.
on 27 December 2012
I personally think it is too vast a book to read on a kindle. Could not do the pictures justice.
on 11 September 2012
I used this when I travelled from Brisbane to Canberra via Byron Bay and Sydney.

As I hadn't booked anywhere in advance it was invaluable in finding accomodation, but also good for general info as well.

As with all lonely planets - thouroughly recomended if you are travelling as has lot os numbers advice etc, but if you just want to read about a place then not the book for you.

Oh and I travelled in 2005...either there is an updated version or this will be a lot worse as all numbers etc may be out of date
on 13 July 2013
Bought this as a gift for my fella as he was travelling to Australia and touring the East Coast he found the book was very informative with interesting facts
on 15 May 2013
Like all Lonely Planet guides this one is well written, informative and great value. I have an earlier edition of the complete LP Australia guide and this one is almost as big - I think that goes to show how much information is in it.

It is just for the East Coast area though, so if you want other information then it wouldn't be the one for you. Pretty self explanatory though I think.
on 11 May 2014
I purchased this book as my fiancee and I were travelling from Melbourne to Sydney by campervan for one week.

There's loads of info in it, more than we needed, although there isn't many photos of the places being discussed. We liked the way the book was broken down in to areas, with sub categories like 'places to visit' and 'places to eat'.

We did find that there's loads of government run information points along the drive that give useful tips and maps of the local area, so we didn't actually use this book as much as we thought we would, hence 4 stars and not 5.

To surmise, this book is everything you'd want and expect from a Lonely Planet guide. It would be particularly useful if you were planning a longer trip than we took. I would recommend it.

As a final tip for anyone travelling along the New South Wales coast: we visited so many beautiful beaches, but the stand out one was 'Pebbley Beach' at Shoalhaven - Kangaroos on the beach that will eat out of your hand!
on 20 October 2014
Very informative, with plenty of details on the places we plan to visit in a forthcoming 5 week visit, which will assist in our trip planning.
on 9 October 2014
A great help when it came to planning our travels around the East Coast. Lots of great tips, useful advice and loads of listed tours.
on 10 November 2012
My first attempt at a Kindle guide and once I got the hang of finding the section I wanted (you can't turn the corner of the page over) it worked well. The maps are a bit small because the screen is small, but the info was quite detailed and covered all the places we visited. I would recommend reading before you plan, especially if travelling around, we may have chosen other overnight stops as a result. overall very good.
on 19 September 2014
Going to Australia next year, .very good book lots of information, and excellent service