Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Chicago is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Dig into a deep-dish pizza, skyrocket to the top of one of USA's tallest buildings, or watch the Cubs play baseball at historic Wrigley Field; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Chicago and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Chicago Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, arts, fashion, media, architecture, music, sports, politics, environment, food, drink, and more
- Free, convenient pull-out Chicago map (included in print version), plus over 25 color local maps
- Coverage of The Loop, Near North, Navy Pier, Gold Coast, Lincoln Park, Old Town, Lake View, Wrigleyville, Uptown, Wicker Park, Bucktown, Logan Square, Pilsen, South Loop, South Side, Hyde Park, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Chicago, our most comprehensive guide to Chicago, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Eastern USA guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet and Karla Zimmerman.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)