#1 best-selling guide to Brazil*
Lonely Planet Brazil is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Spot wildlife in the lush Amazon rainforest, sunbathe on a palm-fringed, white sand beach, or marvel at the thundering roar of Iguacu Falls; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Brazil and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Brazil Travel Guide:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, music, cuisine, football (soccer), wildlife, environment, capoiera, candomble, and architecture.
- Free, convenient pull-out Rio de Janeiro sheet-map (included in print version), plus over 121 color maps
- Useful features - including Amazon Wildlife Guide, Carnaval Planner, and Outdoor Activities.
- Coverage of Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Salvador, the Amazon, the Pantanal, Brasilia, Santa Catarina, Iguacu Falls, Ouro Preto, Olinda, Recife, Fortaleza, Manaus, Belem, Belo Horizonte, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalize your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Brazil, our most comprehensive guide to Brazil, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for a guide focused on Rio de Janeiro? Check out Lonely Planet's Rio de Janeiro guide for a comprehensive look at what the city has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Regis St Louis, Gary Chandler, Gregor Clark, Bridget Gleeson, John Noble, Kevin Raub, and Paul Smith.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
*Best-selling guide to Brazil. Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA, May 2012 to June 2013.