Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Bangkok is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Indulge in local snacks at Bangkok's open-air markets, visit Jim Thompson's house for an exquisite art collection, or shop at Chatuchak Weekend Market; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Bangkok and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Bangkok Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including culture, religion, history, cinema, music, dance, politics, issues, and cuisine
- Free, convenient pull-out Bangkok map (included in print version), plus over 38 neighbourhood maps
- Useful features - including Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), With Kids, and Day Trips
- Coverage of Greater Bangkok, Thanon Sukhumvit, Siam Square, Pratunam, Ploenchit, Ratchathewi, Riverside, Silom, Lumphini, Chinatown, Banglamphu, Thewet, Dusit, Ko Ratanakosin, Thonburi, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Bangkok, our most comprehensive guide to Bangkok, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Bangkok? Check out Lonely Planet's Pocket Bangkok, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Thailand guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover Thailand, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet and Austin Bush.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)