#1 best-selling guide to Argentina*
Lonely Planet Argentina is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Watch gauchos prance across the pampas, take a tango lesson in Buenos Aires, or listen to the primal roar of Iguazu Falls; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Argentina and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Argentina Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, literature, cinema, music, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, wine, and more
- Free, convenient pull-out Buenos Aires map (included in print version), plus over 80 colour local maps
- Useful features - including Travel with Children, Argentina Outdoors, and Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar)
- Coverage of Tierra del Fuego, Patagonia, Bariloche, Lake District, The Pampas, Atlantic Coast, Mendoza, Central Andes, Buenos Aires, Uruguay, Cordoba, Central Sierras, Iguazu Falls, Salta, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Argentina, our most comprehensive guide to Argentina, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for a guide focused on Buenos Aires? Check out Lonely Planet's Buenos Aires guide for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Buenos Aires Encounter, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Sandra Bao, Gregor Clark, Carolyn McCarthy, Andy Symington, and Lucas Vidgen.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
*Bestselling guide to Argentina Source: Nielsen Bookscan. Australia, UK and USA, May 2011 to April 2012.