Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Alaska is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Capture the magic of the aurora borealis, attempt to conquer Mt. McKinley, or stay up late with the locals in downtown Anchorage; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Alaska and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Alaska Travel Guide:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, cinema, politics, landscapes, and wildlife
- Free, convenient pull-out Alaska map (included in print version), plus over 50 color local maps
- Useful features - including What's New, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and Travel with Children
- Coverage of Anchorage, Juneau, Denali, Cordova, Prince William Sound, Kenai Peninsula, the Bush, Kodiak, Katmai, the Aleutian Islands, Fairbanks, Homer, Wrangell, Seward, Sitka, Ketchikan, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Alaska, our most comprehensive guide to Alaska, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Canada guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Jim DuFresne, Catherine Bodry, and Robert Kelly.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)