4.6 out of 5 stars2,188
Colour Name: BlueChange

I bought a HP wireless mouse at nearly £30 and it has collapsed after a few days (like most HP products it was totally unreliable). I have returned it and looked for something cheaper and more reliable. This Logitech mouse is fantastic: looks great, feels very comfortable and it is very reactive. It comes with its own battery (unlike the HP one) and has a very fancy spot next to the battery for the little USBkey/connection (if I carry it around no bits and pieces will go missing). Really impressed with the quality, look and price of the product.
11 comment156 of 158 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 May 2015
Is it a good mouse? - YES. Good basic wireless mouse with good price.

Buttons: 2 buttons (left, right)
Scroll: Soft regular wheel (stepping wheel)
Batterers: 1 AA
Power: on/off switcher to save energy
Battery life: Haven't tested.

This Logiteh M185 Wireless was bought as a replacement of dads dead laptop touch pad. He also had a ancient wired mouse.
So I bought him this one as a gift.
Very good budget wireless mouse. Grate price/quality ratio.
Work well on any regular surface, such as: cloth, soft sofa, desktop, laptop itself.
This is an optical mouse (no red laser, just a "camera").
Mouse already had included battery so I was surprised. +1 to Logitech carma.

I've been used a lot of different mouses and I own Logitech Anywhere mouses MX for my laptop and I'm very happy with it 4 years.
I have large hands and I like small mouses. This mouse have the same size as Logitech Anywhere MX, just slightly narrower in the middle than MX.
This mouse doesn't have extra side buttons.
Click is bit quieter than MX (MX have louder click than average mouses). Also click is soft and not instant for example MX can only click or not click, not soft enough to do "almost clicked" as Logitech M185 do.
I like instant clicks, but this mouse is good enough to forgive it.
M185 is lighter than MX.

I was satisfied with type of surfaces it working with.

Ready! Stady! Plug in play!
review image review image
on 7 January 2015
Having finally got fed-up with the mouse cable on the laptop draggling about all over the table, the time came to go wireless. We also play games on the laptop (mostly an excellent Rummikubs clone) and as the screen of our aged IBM T40 is rather small, I intend connecting it to the telly so that we can slob on the sofa and play in comfort using said wireless mouse.

This little mouse comes complete with an AA battery so just remove the battery protection tape & switch it on and you’re ready to go. The tiny USB receiver is detected immediately by Windows 7 (32 bit) and the mouse functions without the need for a reboot. Also, being so tiny, the receiver doesn’t physically interfere with other USB connections (in our case the wireless adapter) and there also appears to be no signal interference. I was momentarily confused by the lack of red light typical of cabled optical rodents but it works just fine. Only time will tell if the published twelve month battery life is fact but I’ve no reason to doubt the claim.

This mouse is noticeably smaller than the previous Logitech M90 mouse so, for my big hands, isn’t quite as comfortable, but it is a better shape and doesn’t take long to get used to. It initially also seemed rather skittish but slowing the pointer speed solved that and after a bit of familiarisation, the new mouse felt as comfortable as the old one despite not nestling nicely in the palm. Having said that, however, it is the perfect size for my wife’s distinctly smaller hands.
0Comment31 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 July 2012
Logitech M185 Wireless Mouse - Red
Very pleased with this wireless mouse, easy to set up my computer to wireless instead of using a cable. The mouse is nicely shaped and light to use.
on 28 June 2012
Battery Lasts longer and it is cheap. It is not as comfortable as the other expensive wireless mouse but the best thing about it is that the battery lasts longer and you don't have to change like every three months or so. It lasts for a year! It also doesn't have any insignificant buttons and lights that drains the battery. Recomended to those who prefer a simple wireless mouse that lasts longer.
0Comment68 of 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 April 2013
Had this mouse for around a year. I use is often for my laptop.
Its a solid build, small but comfortable. Smooth scrolling, nice feel to the buttons.
Wish they did a bigger version for using with a desktop.
The dongle is small, can hardly see it.
Battery life is amazing, have not had to change the battery yet and have had it for a year.
The on/off switch at the bottom is handy too.
Overall it is a fab mouse, would recommend.
0Comment52 of 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 March 2013
I read all the reviews and ordered this one-This model is a normal size, well designed mouse- It works extremely well from a distance and is a nice comfortable fit in the hand -Very good value considering the price
on 1 February 2014
My old wired mouse was misbehaving so I bought this wireless one. No more cable getting in the way. I saw this at a good price on Amazon and bought one. It is a brilliant piece of kit. Nice to the touch. very easy to use. No wires. The dongle is tiny and is plugged in to the laptop all the time. The instructions said just plug in and go and it did. The only gripe I have with it is I have to remember to switch the mouse off when I have finished with it, something I forget to do. I assume my AA battery wont last the 12 months they say it might. It would be nice if it turned itself off after 30 minutes inactivity. Overall I am very happy with this purchase and recommend it.
0Comment34 of 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 September 2014
One big problem with this mouse, the clicky noise. If the loud clicking doesn't bother you then it's great. However if you use this in the same room as other people, they may tell you it's annoying them.
I previously had a logitech m305 ( now defective )very quiet. I will have to order another M305, wish i had paid the extra and not got the M185
on 22 June 2015
AVOID This mouse is far too small, and has caused serious cramp when using, I am throwing it straight into the bin.