Format: Hardcover|Change

VINE VOICEon 15 November 2012
I bought this book hoping that it might give me some ideas about logistics as I will be dealing with freight companies extensively in my new purchasing job. However the book turned out to be one that was aimed more at quite senior purchasing managers in big,multinational companies. I work in a small to medium sized business and although I guess the principles discussed in the book may be applicable to such firms in some respects, I thought that the book wasnt overly relevant to me and my job. Most of the ideas and suggestions in this book on the other hand seem to have been the inspiration behind supply chain management in my last job at the multinational Coca Cola bottling plant in Ireland, which was probably world class in this field. The book explains all the latest ideas in supply chain management very clearly and the book is easy enough to read and I could understand nearly all of it, however it will best be appreciated by purchasing and logistics managers and people studying for their CIPS exams. The book gave me an insight into supply chain management theory which was interesting and useful , but I harbour no real desires to move into management.I first started working in Procurement in the late 1980's and having read this book, it is amazing how much it has changed and how it has become so much more complicated as globalisation has developed. It is almost unrecognisable and the demands made of the modern day Procurement employee are much more intense than they were in my early days in the profession.
on 7 May 2013
Very well written insight in to modern SCM. Offered plenty of food for thought how to improve our business operations and also offer additional services to our customers.

Will be re-reading and sharing the book with the team in the office.
on 7 November 2015
Played an integral role in completing my BA (Hons). Christopher provides an easy to follow, yet in depth, understanding of SCM. Unlike most text books, however, this is packed full of really groundbreak and contemporary viewpoints of SCM. Highly recommend.
on 19 March 2013
great textbook. used it so much during my university study. has got all the information about supply chain management inside it. it contains diagrams which are also very helpful. really good price and great size. defo worth a buy!
on 25 March 2012
An impressive logestic speed and good quality of the book.
It is useful to my study and all my friends have high comment.
on 16 April 2013
I haven't finished reading this yet but it is a very informative, easy to read book! Will finish it soon.
on 21 January 2014
it is exactly what i wanted for my studies and is great condition and was here on time. thank you
on 7 February 2012
it is a good product and love it very much, it is good for collection and very easy to use
easy to follow, in-depth and everything you need to know about supply chain management!!
on 21 January 2015
Bought it for cips studies surprisingly easy to read and understand with good points