on 17 March 2012
Lock & Lock Tall Square "cookie Jar" 4ltr

Unfortunately this item tapers a bit towards the bottom, not much, but enough to make it just too small for my Sainsburys Stoneground sliced bread (800g). I fitted most of it in lengthways and sideways but not as good as if it had been a bit squarer at the bottom. It fitted Hovis Ok, so will depend on your bread. Still pleased with it. I have ordered another one which looks a better size for bread and this one can then revert to its advertised use, a biscuit box. I had thought originally it would be too big for a biscuit box but many economical biscuits are sold in longer packets, so this will accommodate them and be useful. Also large packets of cream crackers. I presume "cookie" is American for "biscuit". Or possibly bird seed.
on 16 November 2011
I bought this for storing homemade grenola bars, and it works brilliantly. It forms such a tight seal that if you put the bars in while they're still a little warm, then a vacuum seal occurs as they cool. That's what you call air tight! So obviously they keep stuff really fresh.
My only complaint is that they do seem a little expensive for what is really just a tupperware tub, no matter how good. No regrets though.
on 9 November 2010
This one actually felt larger than I expected but the measurements are correct so it still fits where I was supposted to store it. I use it for storing Whey protein powder. It fits a whole 2,2 kg jar of whey powder in half the space compared to the HUGE jars that most proteins come in... It also fits two full 1 kg bags of maltodextrin. Of course it would work great as a cookie jar also. :)
on 29 January 2012
Really great for organising my kitchen. I have a full range of boxes for cereal, pastas and spaghetti and look good in my open plan kitchen.
on 15 April 2014
I bought 8 of these jars and will be buying more in the near future. I have so much spices to keep and tend to buy in bulk but could not find anything lockable air tight to keep fresh for longer. These are large jars and will take 1 and a half packets of flour or even more once settled. Because these jars are tall and slender, make sure your shelves fit the size, otherwise you be re-doing your shelves!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 12 January 2014
I have a few of these in various sizes and they're so handy and useful. I originally bought this size to store bread in as it seemed the right size and it was very nearly perfect, but not quite. The bottom is narrower than the top, ever so slightly so even if the bread fits in at the top it's a squeeze to pack it in to the bottom. Bit disappointed but I use it for biscuits now instead, until I find a better use.

It's quite tall though and I think that even though it's airtight you'd have to get through a lot of biscuits to be able to finish as many as this will hold before they go stale. It holds a LOT of biscuits. Might be better for wrapped chocolate biscuits but I keep mine in the fridge so I'm still trying to find a good use for it, if the biscuit thing doesn't work out.

Nice and easy to keep clean too.
on 4 March 2011
Although advertised as a cookie jar, I purchased this for storing sliced bread. It took me an age to find something that would take a complete loaf and this is ideal, and because of it's air tight seal it keeps a loaf really fresh. Excellent.
on 11 January 2015
Absolutely love these tall plastic tight-lock storage canisters. Really good size, for biscuits, cakes, etc. have also used them in the freezer to store frozen puddings. They will also easily fit in a loaf of bread. I likes them so much have bought another one for our caravan !!
Would definitely recommend, especially if you are tight for space, as great space savers !!
- good price too!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 April 2015
I use this to store my cat's dry biscuits in, its a perfect size for a large bag and keeps the biscuits fresh for a long time. With only 1 cat she doesn't get through her biscuits very quickly but its much more economical to buy the big bags for so this is perfect for storing them.
If used according to Lock & Lock's description, this will house rather a lot of cookies. Even with a larger family than average, it would take many days before the bottom layer was in reach and your cookies may then be rather moist and limp. It may be more practical for things such as brownies or snack bars etc which tend to be relatively thick, and I have used one for just that. A friend uses one to house an assortment of mini-bars, snack biscuits and the like where his children can help themselves to one each day to eat after lunch.

As the container is completely air- and water-tight when correctly locked, it cannot prevent unsealed foods becoming stale as there will be a significant quantity of air within, but it should slow the process.

At about 10 inches/25cm in height, it may not fit on all shelves when upright but it can be used when laid on a side. Used that way, it may be more child-friendly as it need not be lifted down but simply opened and re-closed after use.

A nice idea well implemented.