Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: STYLE A|Change

I have used lock and lock containers for a number of years and have found them to be reliable and robust, even when both base and lid are washed in the dishwasher. My containers will probably have each gone through the dishwasher more than 100 times without any detriment to their performance.

I have this in both the rectangular and round version and they are in constant use for storage of dry goods. This size will hold all but a small amount from a large bag of flour (emptied out; the bagged flour will not fit in) or a large bag of sugar. For an occasional cake/pastry maker it is very reassuring to know that you can rely on this range to keep moisture as well as insects out of products that are likely to be stored for a while.

The only negative I have about the entire range in general is that the containers use up a lot of space in the cupboard as their design does not easily allow storage - items that are the same size will not stack one inside the other because they have straight sides.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 21 June 2010
This size of Lock & Lock container is a perfect fit for 1kg bags of flour, oatmeal or the inner packs of Dorset Mills' muesli. I've been using a whole range of sizes of Lock & Locks containers for several years and, as yet, I've never had one fail. The side clips are robust and really do give an air-tight (or water-tight) seal.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 25 October 2014
Very useful for keeping bread flour in - just the right size too . So if like me you are into making your own bread these are a Godsend.
Now all I need is to find a suitable one to put the bread in and then find somewhere to put it!
on 3 October 2013
1.8 litre lock and lock - good product. However, you can only get a standard 1.5k bag of flour in it if you tamp it down several times during filling - and who can be bothered to do that? Ideal size for 1k of icing sugar. Wonder if some reviews were for a larger size.
I did a bit of research to find the best airtight storage containers and chose these after we had an outbreak of pantry moths that came in some pet food and got into the food cupboard ugh! Which meant throwing all my dry ingredients away and lots of cleaning of cupboards with vinegar. So in case it ever happened again, I decided to invest in some airtight storage containers for my dry baking ingredients. It works out quite expensive! But I believe they last a very long time and are recommended by people who've had pantry moths as being airtight.

I found this 1.8ML size to be just right for a 500g bag of pasta shells, but found the 1.3ML size (which looks similar) to be the most useful for other things, like 1kg bags of sugar, caster sugar and so on. I got the 2.6ML squarer size for 1.25kg bags of flour and it seems just right. My other favourite size is the 850ml one (also a tall oblong one) which is just right for 500g of ingredients like sultanas, raisins, smaller bags of demerera sugar for example, and a tub of Bourneville cocoa. For smaller items like baking powder, bicarbonate of soda etc I bought on of the sandwich box types and store the individual small pots inside it.

The smallest size I got was the 350ml boxes and I wouldn't get anything smaller than that. They would hold a small bag of pumpkin seeds but didn't seem much use for anything else. So for something like 125g bags of ground almonds I will use the 850ml containers for two bags of ground almonds (as one half fills it).

I now have very clean organised food cupboards and have actually gained space as well - although it does look a bit military and clinical in there now!
on 10 June 2011
Lock & Lock Stackable Airtight Container Rectangular 1.8L
This range is great for storage, truly airtight and easy to clean. I've lost count of how many I have for different uses.
This fits a 700g bag of cereal nicely or a medium-sized (up to 1kg) bag of flour or sugar. I am not sure how long the closing flaps will last but it's ideal to keep things crisp and dry and to keep your cupboards crumb-less.
on 30 July 2015
We found these first on a shopping channel on TV, so we got some in various sizes and have used them for years now, We keep all manner of foods items in them and the food lasts longer as they are air tight.
We needed some more of these to store some dried items, as we had none spare we looked on line and found this seller selling them at a reasonable price.
They are useful out in the shed to store screws,nails and other small items ETC.
Overall a good useful product that can be used for many things.
on 4 October 2015
Perfect for holding a kilo (2 lb if you work in Imperial measures) of flour or sugar, which is exactly what I use them for. They hold it all with just enough space to avoid overspill when filling or trying to scoop some out with the full kilo in there. Short enough to fit most shelves, slim and small enough footprint to get quite a few on a normal shelf, but not so narrow you can't easily get a tablespoon, cup measure or small scoop into them.
on 4 January 2016
I already own several of these and this is the same. Locks well and is airtight.

For those who are wondering, I only manage to get 0.5 litres of porridge oats into the 1.8 litre Lock & Lock container.

I bought directly from Amazon as their price was cheaper than the other sellers on Amazon