I was pleased with these lamps at first, they appeared robust and well designed, however this morning I noticed bits of shiney black plastic by my bedside table, on further investigation I found that the switch had completely shattered exposing live wires it was just luck that had prevented me putting my hand on these wires. I switched off at the mains and moved the lamp during which the switch disintegrated further. This lamp is well under a year old and is used as a bedside light, nothing more has happened to it than being switched on and off. Theses lamps are a lethal hazard and should be withdrawn from sale. I am going to send an e.mail with photos direct to Amazon.
P.S I had to give it 1 star to get this published, a pity there aren't negative stars!