Size: Medium|Style Name: Hamsters|Change

on 22 January 2014
I recently ordered the Medium size ball for my Syrian hamster and it is the perfect size for him. I think it's really good quality and the door seems very secure ... no escapes as yet, anyway! I like that it's clear, so it's easy to see him inside when he's running about, and it's a great way for him to exercise and explore. I also found it's not as noisy on floor tiles as I expected it to be, which is a plus. The only time it's loud is when he bashes into things! It's easy to clean and overall I'd highly recommend it.
44 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 February 2011
I also bought the Hamtrack so my hammie can roll around in his new clear-colored ball without me worrying if he's going to fall down the stairs. This is a perfect sized exercise ball for Syrian hamsters or baby rats and the clear color is ideal since darker colored balls tend to obscure what the hamster looks like inside. I love this product and I recommend it for any small rodent owner.
The packaging I received it in was ruined and appeared to be ripped in several places, but the ball was perfectly fine.
on 3 December 2012
I ordered this for my hamster as she'd managed to escape from previous exercise balls bought. This one is tough and robust,and the lid fits securely in place for the duration of a trundle about! Worth every penny.
on 10 September 2014
Delivery wise - ordered on late Sunday afternoon, arrived mid Tuesday morning, very quick! Delivered in excellent condition, no damage.
Product wise - thought this was just an exercise ball because description makes no reference to a stand being included; however includes a stand and an interchangeable cover so that the ball can be used on the stand inside the cage and dwarf hamsters/gerbils can climb in through the gaps and use the ball without going anywhere. Otherwise, if you haven't got a lot of floor space, the hamster (Syrian/Dwarf etc.) can go in the ball, place the ball on the stand so your pet can still get exercise without rolling around the floor. Using the other plastic cover and not the stand allows your hamster to go rolling around the house to his heart's content! Medium size ball is approx. 17cm wide which is more than enough space for our Syrian hamster, solid, robust and only has one detachable door rather than two, so feels a lot more secure.
Great exercise ball, very good value for money considering what is available on the high street.
on 19 October 2014
I bought this exercise ball for my dwarf hamster as my previous hamster ball is starting to crack. The first thing I noticed was how strong the plastic felt and how it was already put together (I've struggled previously with hamster balls that come in two parts and need to be slotted together, which is easier said than done). It is sturdier than my previous one I bought in a local pet store and the lock on the ball seems safer as well (My hamster broke out of her previous one). The ball also comes with a stand which is great of you don't want your hamster running all over your house but also want to bring it out for some exercise. The only problem with this ball is it's a tiny bit small for my dwarf hamster, however it does clearly state the size in the product so it's more my own fault than anything else, and my hamster is also on the larger side of dwarf hamsters. This ball is definitely good quality for money, I've paid more for balls with flimsy plastic and no stand.
on 19 August 2013
I was in doubt about the size of this exercise ball, but It is big enough to handle my syrian hamster.
on 1 May 2014
If you haven't seen one of this particular type of exercise ball, it comes with a stand, and one 'open' end which means that it can be housed in your hamster's cage and they can climb in and out to have a run whenever they want - ideal. Ours was great at first (see original review below) but I obviously reviewed this too soon as within a few days the stand which the ball attaches to broke where it fits onto the ball. Luckily although the ball had fallen off the stand our Syrian managed to get out, but I don't like to think that he might have been trapped if it had landed open side down. We could still use the ball as it comes with a 'closed' end as well as the 'open' end, but not inside the cage which is where we wanted it as we already had a couple of the usual exercise balls. Decided to buy another but unfortunately this only lasted overnight! The plastic stand that comes with these balls is just soooooo flimsy that it can't take the pressure of the ball turning and the plastic snaps. I'm really annoyed at this because it's otherwise such a good idea which our hamster took to really quickly and seemed to enjoy. Someone should make a more robust stand for these, then they would be onto a winner.

(My original review)
This fits nicely into our Duna Fun Cage on the lower platform. It's brilliant as it has a stand which means our Syrian can use it as he would a wheel - there is only space for a tiny wheel in the Duna Fun due to the middle bars of the cage - a larger one scrapes at the bottom of the platform. It can also be used as a runaround ball out of the cage with the solid lid fitted instead of the indoor lid. great fun.
on 27 April 2014
The first one I ordered arrive in two pieces, I duly arranged an exchange via Amazon.

The replacement is NOT SUITABLE for Dwarf Hamsters. The breathing holes are quite large and my hamster continually got its back feet caught in the holes often meaning the hamster was left dangling by its back feet.

This product is NOT SAFE for dwarf hamsters and I would consider it animal abuse to put a small hamster in this ball.
on 4 February 2015
This is worth spending the extra money on. A solid ball with thick hard plastic and a good secure door. My last ball (from a U.K. Wide pet shop) was very poor quality and my hamster escaped on the first attempt of using it. This on the hand, is good quality and my hamster is very safe inside. She absolutely loves it! I would definitely recommend this product.
on 30 May 2015
My hammy, Frank, loves this ball. I bought it about 4 months ago and it's still in excellent condition. It is used around our apartment virtually every night and the lid is very secure, no escapes yet!

The ventilation gaps are big enough to give the hamster fresh air (and for the odd rouge poo to come out!) but not big enough for him to trap his feet. I wouldn't recommend this for any hamster other than a Syrian because the gaps could mean your little hamster's feet could get trapped as they're running around.

The fact the ball is clear was the big selling point for me and it hasn't got too scuffed on our wooden flooring and the odd bash against the wall.

It does come with a flimsy looking frame to hold the ball in place although I bought the ball so Frank could have free-roam around and not to be stuck in one place, so the frame doesn't bother me at all.

Overall it is excellent value for money and I would definitely recommend to other hammy owners.