Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£11.39

on 10 December 2009
Prior to reading this book I thought becoming vegan would be a task way to difficult to handle. Boy was I wrong! This insightful and entertaining book draws a clear map in answering questions about becoming and maintaining a vegan diet and lifestyle in a easy and fun way.

In a clear concise way the chapters outline answers to the "whys", "how tos" and "now what" questions I had about a vegan lifestyle. I write lifestyle because that is just one of many things I discovered about veganism. In that this is a community of conscious, spirited, passionate individuals who are choosing how they want to live their lives and not just mechanically filling up on market promoted choices for their diet and product purchases.

One of the most surprising discoveries I learned from reading "Living Vegan for Dummies" is that I actually eat much more vegan and choose more vegan products than I had realized. Tweaking here and there, introducing more healthy foods and products is not a huge leap for me and the benefit I reap is a bountiful, delicious, healthy lifestyle that feels great!

I highly recommend picking up your copy of "Living Vegan For Dummies" today so you too can discover alternate ways to eat and purchase goods that support you and your family in living in a healthy, satisfying and meaningful way.
on 2 December 2010
Great! I have found this book very useful as I became a vegan 6 months ago. This book gives a lot of information on a healthy and balanced vegan diet, how to choose a vegan transformation programme that works with one's lifestyle, travel and eating out. It also deals with the social and psychological aspects of transformation.
There are easy vegan recipes. Overall I have found transforming to a vegan diet very, very easy indeed.
One thing to add the book is an American version.
on 15 February 2010
I Love this book, having only just converted from being a vegetarian to being a vegan, this book does what it says on the tin so to speak. it is a very simple easy read giving just enough imformation without being to technical. I would deffinetly recommend this as a well rounded book to begin with, once having read this you can always look for other literacy for more specific details on any one given subject.
on 31 January 2010
This book is so helpful and informative and busts loads of the myths about living vegan. I didn't know much about veganism when my husband & I opened a vegetarian/vegan mobile cafe, but I've been delighted to discover how completely yummy vegan food is! I love all the tips and hints in this books, the amazing recipes... I'd highly recommend it to anyone simply interested in living a healthier lifestyle, you don't have to be vegan to love this book!
VINE VOICEon 27 March 2010
This was very good and has cleared up a few points for me. I've tried to make the switch from vegetarian to vegan several times (at least 3) and I've never been able to stick to it, but I think I'm in the right frame of mind this time. Points deducted because yet again it's an american book with brands etc we don't get here, plus the author was Oprah's "vegan advisor" during her notorious three week vegan "cleanse" which doesn't fill me with confidence.
on 19 September 2011
I found it very helpful and informative! Everything is explained in a simple way; so you hardly have any questions when you finish it! The only problem might be the repetition which is quite normal I guess!!! I have learnt a lot about being a vegan (as a vegan, I did not know some of these)!
on 13 August 2013
This is an extremely helpful book for those who wish to convert from being a vegetarian or meat eater.
Information ranges from remaining healthy, facts on animal production, recipes and websites.
Some of the references relate to the American market but that not a problem.

The book gives helpful responses to those who challenge or question you on being a vegan.
What is particulary helpful is the author doesn't pressure you but gives suggestionson converting, either it slowly or completely converting at once, supportive of both ways.
An excellent book that l re read constantly.
on 27 March 2016
I bought this book as I wanted lots of general information from one source I also wanted information to help my meat eating family understand why I gave up meat and for them to make up their own minds.
I found this book to be easy to read and non judgmental or in your face scary vegan!!
The more information is out there about the vegan life the better regardless if the author is a vegan or not ( a comment made by a reviewer).
We all share our homes with people who have different diets and eating habits.
I am not a strict vegan I started this journey seven years ago however,( i still eat butter and a little bit of cheese).
I am in search of new recipes and a balance diet and to eventually give up the before mentioned dairy products.
on 17 June 2010
Very helpfull and easy to read. Nice pis and lots of info.
Includes starter shopping lists and handy tips on things to look out for/be aware of.
would defo encourage others to have a look.
on 17 June 2013
Funny book and makes a lot of sense.

Going Vegan was the very best thing I did with my life!