Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 December 2007
I came across this book after my daughter was diagnosed with schizophrenia. The little that we thought we knew about the illness only made us more frightened, but the first chapter successfully corrected our misperceptions and was very reassuring to read. The book is clearly written and easy to follow, and even my daughter managed to read it. It's packed with useful information and advice that made us feel not only less frightened but also more in control. There's a very useful section on caring and caring for carers, and a comprehensive list of resources for further information and support that we have already begun tapping into.
on 18 June 2009
Found by accident, this little book is a masterpiece for schizophrenia sufferers and their carers who need to know more on this complicated subject. It is straightforward, using laymen's language, and covers all you could wish to know and understand: symptoms, health-care services you should expect, the Mental Health Act, drugs and their pros and cons, caring for yourself and others. Simple and practical day-to-day advice and information.
on 27 January 2011
This is an excellent book for anyone who has recently had a diagnosis of schizophrenia and more so for carers and relatives. It covers a lot of information on the topic. I have read quite a lot on schizophrenia and thought it may be too basic however, I learned a lot of useful information that I had not come across before. I wish I had of had this book in the early years of my relatives diagnosis it is the best one I have come across for this situation - to explain fully to a novice exactly what schizophrenia is in detail. Excellent book.
on 19 January 2015
Our family has been coping with schizophrenia for 15 years. Following the relapse of our loved one I was looking for further information about the illness. This book is a good starting point for families who may have recently received a diagnosis. The information is clear and easy to understand. For me, it was not detailed enough and too simplistic, often giving the impression that the illness can be managed and that there is lots of support easily available. This hasn't been our experience. The book is a good place to start if your experience is new.
on 10 October 2015
really good book, and opened my eyes to what Schizophrenia Sufferers go through on a daily basis. it really puts your own life in perspective
on 19 August 2013
I have read this book from the library and found it a worthwhile book to read and keep for reference to use it.
on 3 April 2013