Work smarter, not harder, with an Echo smartpen from Livescribe. Record everything you hear, say and write, while linking your audio recordings to your notes. Quickly replay audio from your Livescribe paper, a computer, or a mobile device – all with a simple tap on your handwritten notes. It's never been easier to take notes and stay organised.
and audio. Pencasts allow you to hear and see
your notes exactly as they were captured.
Record and Play Back
Smartpens record everything you write and hear so you’ll never miss a word. Replay your meetings or lectures simply by tapping on your notes¹.
Save, Search and Organize
Livescribe Desktop saves your notes and recordings to your computer for fast, easy access to what’s important. Search for words within your notes and find what you need fast.
Send and Share with Livescribe Connect
Easily send notes and audio to people and destinations such as Email², Google Docs², Facebook, Evernote, Microsoft OneNote, Google Sites², MyLivescribe, your mobile device or your computer³ — all from your paper or Livescribe Desktop.
8GB of Memory: Room for Recordings, Notes, and Applications
Whether you're digitizing your notes and audio, or adding additional smartpen apps you'll need storage space; with 8GB of memory, your smartpen has it. An 8GB smartpen can hold over 800 hours of audio*, 128,000 pages of notes, or hundreds of applications.
Included Smartpen Applications
Your Echo smartpen comes loaded with applications ready to work right out of the box:
- Livescribe Connect Premium: Easily send and share notes and audio to Email, Google Docs, Facebook, Evernote, Microsoft OneNote, Google Sites, MyLivescribe, your mobile device or your computer
- Quick Record: record audio without using dot paper with just a press of a button
- Quick Calc: Write an addition, subtraction, multiplication or division problem on dot paper and get the answer on your smartpen screen
- Launch Line: launch your favorite app by writing it's name
- Password: protect your recorded paper replay sessions with a 4-digit number
- System Utilities: multiple language support, time, date, storage info, and battery charge
Livescribe Dot Paper
Livescribe dot paper uses regular paper printed with a unique pattern of tiny microdots. This tiny pattern works a lot like a GPS system for your smartpen. It allows a smartpen to capture everything it writes or draws on dot paper.
Livescribe smartpens only work with Livescribe Dot Paper, so we've created a variety of dot paper sizes and types: College-ruled Notebooks, Lined Journals, Blank Journals, Mini Journals, A5-sized Notebooks, Grid Notebooks, Flip Notepads, and Sticky Notes. You can even print your own dot paper for free from within Livescribe Desktop on many printers.
What You Get in the Box
- The Echo smartpen with 8GB of memory
- Livescribe Connect Premium: Includes Connect Basic (Facebook, Evernote, Microsoft OneNote, MyLivescribe, your mobile device, and your computer)
plus additional connectors for Email, Google Docs and Google Sites
- Livescribe Desktop software for Mac or Windows (download)
- 500 MB of personal online storage
- Starter dot paper notebook
- Micro USB Cable
- Interactive Getting Started Guide
- Smartpen Tips and Tricks
- 2 smartpen caps
- 2 ink cartridges
What You Need: System Requirements
- Windows XP 32-bit SP2 or higher, or Windows Vista 32 or 64-bit, or Windows 7
- Intel Mac with Mac OS X 10.5.5 or higher
- 600MHz CPU or higher
- 300 MB minimum free disk space
- Available USB 2.0 port
- Livescribe Desktop 2.7 for WIndows or Mac OS
- Smartpen firmware version 2.7 or later
- Internet connection
*Actual recording time varies by audio quality setting.
¹ Livescribe paper required – don't record without permission
² These connectors are available only with Livescribe Connect Premium
³ Mobile device access requires Pencast Player App or Flash—enabled web browser
plus additional connectors for Email and Google Docs
Livescribe Desktop software for Mac or Windows (download)
500 MB of personal online storage
Starter dot paper notebook
Micro USB Cable
Interactive Getting Started Guide
Smartpen Tips and Tricks
2 smartpen caps
2 ink cartridges