Here's the good news:
* three UFO concerts on four discs
* a reasonably bargain price
* all three shows are relatively hard to find on their own and they represent distinctly different periods in UFO's history
* the version of Self-Made Man on the Vienna disc is positively ferocious and is clearly better than that on Werewolves of London
On the down side:
* all the material here is previously available
* the sound quality on the Roundhouse and Regenerator discs leaves a good bit to be desired
* the Regenerator disc omits Lights Out, which is a bonus cut on the stand-alone version of Regenerator
* the track list on the Vienna set is identical to that on Werewolves (although Vienna sounds better)
* packaging is thin, minimal information...this is a shame as, by comparison, the packaging for the stand-alone version of Regenerator is excellent
In my case, I already had Regenerator and decided to buy this specifically for the Roundhouse disc (which is insanely priced all by itself...this show is ok, but it ain't worth $40!) so purchasing this box set was a no-brainer. I'm thrilled to have the material on Roundhouse (even with it's audio flaws) so I'll call this a victory.
Not the place to start for prime live UFO. I'd recommend (in order) Strangers, BBC Radio 1, Lights Out Live In Japan, and Showtime all as better products than any of this...but to me those are all pretty high standards to live up to. Recognizing that it's place in line is behind those, Throughout the Years is a good addition to the collection, especially for the price.