Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.19

on 22 July 2013
Another lovely well written romance from Noelle Adams. As the story and romance progressed I found the book really absorbing, and I totally related to the characters. I was sorry to finish it.
Listed is a contemporary novel about Paul and Emily. Emily is nearly 18; she has very little family, is waiting to give evidence in the trial of an organised crime boss... and she has a mysterious virus that there is no known cure for, and which is expected to kill her in about three month's time.

Paul's estranged father Vincent is the crime boss in question and Paul is determined that his father should be jailed. He is worried that something will happen to Emily and jeopardise the trial so she's been staying with him.

Emily has accepted that she is going to die but rather than waste away her last few months in hospital she has decided that she wants to live life to the full in her last few months.
She has a bucket list that she wrote aged 12 and she asks Paul to help her cross off the items. Item number one is to get married, so she asks Paul if he'll marry her, in name only. Over time Paul and Emily get closer to each other, and they become more attracted to each other as well but it's something that they fight against, as this is a relationship that has no future, and becoming closer will just bring more heartbreak long-term.

I got thoroughly absorbed in this book, I really didn't want to put it down. I wasn't sure where the story was heading since it's not your predictable practical marriage scenario. It doesn't get much sadder than a terminally ill 17 year old and she is so brave and tries to stay so upbeat about things that it's almost heartbreaking. Paul has had a pretty unloved, lonely life and you feel bad for him that now he's finally found somebody he cares about, and who cares about and supports him and he could be faced with the prospect of losing her if no cure can be found. I really enjoyed seeing Paul and Emily's romance grow.

I thought that both of them, but particularly Emily seemed older than their years. I'm not sure how likely a completely new virus is, but I could believe it for the purposes of reading this. I'd recommend this book, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

For those of you who like to know about these things there is both swearing and sex in this book but not massive amounts of either.
on 13 August 2013
I loved this book like many others have said it had me hooked from the first couple of pages and I couldn't put it down.The characters were real and likeable and they complimented each other perfectly without being to over the top and gushy like other books of this type can be. I started it with the belief I wouldn't be left heart broken at the end and at times that was the only thing that kept me going...not that I could of stopped anyway...I sobbed still but I wasn't left diapointed.
on 6 August 2013
I read this book with mostly bleary eyes, very emotional. Great charictors not the usual story line for a love story. if you only ever read one sad book in your life let it be this. very impresed with the writer, will be looking out for more books by this author. Emily you feel for her charictor in the first chapter and instantly like her, took me till chapter two to warm to Paul and then love him. young woman Emily is dying and has a bucket list. Paul is commited to helping her in return for her helping him. couldnt put this book down,
on 30 July 2014
I really I joyed this I wasn't sure how it would play out right up until the end. I loved the 2 main characters how they meshed with each other. I cried at the end and was praying for something to be found along with Emily and Paul. A really good read, but for anyone who usually likes a steamier read be warned that isn't what this books about although there are sex scenes. We'll worth reading.
on 27 July 2013
This book is a rollercoaster of emotions, I was a mess reading this my poor heart hurt and I had to rub my heart a few times as it hurt, poor Emily found love with Paul through the hardest of circumstances it was so beautiful every woman should have a Paul, beautiful sad happy you will feel it all with this book I'll definitely be reading more from this author
on 30 July 2013
Absolutely loved these books....you know right from the start the girl is dying but as you read you are hoping she can be cured...i won't say any more to spoil it but i finished them with tears in my eyes...but read them to find out why
on 5 August 2013
loved this book the story had you hooked from start to finish and certainly one to be re reading in the future.
on 8 August 2013
This book had me gripped from the beginning such a touching story it had me in tears a couple of times
on 12 April 2013
I do not usually find this type of book warrants 5 stars, but it was fun to discover a grown-up fairy tale. The characters were well defined, at times mature and well balanced, at others refreshingly young. The sexual encounters portrayed a sense of wonder and delight. So refreshing. I would certainly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a light hearted read without the saccharin.