From the Back Cover
Set up a great Linux system–no experience needed!
Compare distributions, use Linux multimedia tools, and check out OpenOffice.org
Ready to explore the wonderful world of Linux? This is the place to start! Just follow the advice in this handy guide, and in no time you’ll have your personalized Linux system installed and configured, know your way around the GNOMETM and KDETM interfaces, be hooked up to the Internet, and start impressing your friends.
All this on the bonus DVD
Full Fedora Core distribution, including source code, on DVD
Discover how to:
- Work with popular Linux distributions: Red Hat’s Fedora, SuSE, and MandrakeTM
- Choose an ISP and configure dialup service
- Understand bash command syntax
- Install and use OpenOffice.org
- Manage the Linux file system
About the Author
(Vancouver, Canada) is an award–winning author of numerous books and articles. Dee–Ann develops and teaches courses on Linux, Unix, and other computer–related topics online and in person. She has also presented at various computer conferences.