- Buy two Blu-ray or Blu-ray 3D titles from the qualifying selection for £25 when dispatched from and sold by Amazon. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Check out big titles at small prices with our Chart Offers in DVD & Blu-ray. Find more great prices in our Top Offers Store.
- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
- Important Information on Firmware Updates: Having trouble with your Blu-ray disc player? Will certain discs just not play? You may need to update the firmware inside your player. Click here to learn more.
Avatar with Limited Edition Lenticular Artwork (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD)  [Region Free]
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
From the breathtaking beauty of the glowing rainforests to the majestic Hallelujah Mountains floating in the sky, the spectacular world of James Cameron’s Avatar comes to life as never before--now in eye-popping 3D for the ultimate home viewing experience. Soar among the flying Banshees. Fight alongside Na’vi warriors. Return to Pandora and immerse yourself in the greatest adventure of all time, as one man’s quest for redemption leads him on an epic journey beyond imagination.
This two-disc Collector's Edition features the original theatrical release in limited edition lenticular packaging.
The widely-acclaimed film that ushered in a new generation of 3D filmmaking, it's unsurprising that, come its Blu-ray release, Avatar remains one of the finest proponents of the technology. Whilst the 3D obviously doesn't have quite the impact it had on a massive cinema screen, it nonetheless still works strikingly well on Blu-ray. It's surprising, considering the number of films that have attempted to surpass Avatar's visual feats since it was released just how few have come close. Such is the standard of director James Cameron's visual work. Parts remain as jaw-dropping as they always were.
The film itself smashed records on its release, and it's easy to see why. It's perhaps not the masterpiece it was initially proclaimed at, but this is intense, exhilarating blockbuster entertainment nonetheless. Ambitious, too. It's hard to think of too many other films that have so convincingly put across a fictional alien world as Avatar manages, and particularly in the intense final half hour, it looks simply glorious.
James Cameron is a notorious perfectionaist too when it comes to the presentation of his work, and this disc release is a real testament to that. The Blu-ray presentation is exquisite, and Avatar stands up as a reference disc. Not just on the visual side, either. The audio quality the Blu-ray offers is quite brilliant. It all adds up to a strong film, on one of the best discs on the market for a home cinema workout. --Jon Foster
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
UPDATE. I have managed to find a new copy of War & Remembrance Region 2 on Ebay at £74.98 inc free postage. A bit pricey, but what the hell, much cheaper than the couple of copies available here on Amazon Market Place, a new copy at £93.99 and a second hand collectors edition at £102.99. If War & Remembrance is ever re released again for Region 2, I think it's going to be around the £60 to £70 mark at least, as it seems to be a longer series than Winds Of War. The edition I have just bought on Ebay has 13 discs and includes a booklet on the making of the series plus a CD of the musical sound track. There are still 5 Region 2 copies left by this seller (all new) at this price, so if you really want to get this on Region 2 go to Ebay, once these are sold, it might be hard to find another copy, other than a Region 1 version. In fact it could be quite a while before it ever gets released again!!! And that's a big IF!
You'll sell shed loads!
So Actually: just for the info, the DVD version will only have 4 hours of special features (this is verified elswehere and on the hut website). where as the blu-ray will have the full 8hrs. Cheers.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I purchased this particular copy of Avatar over 3 years ago, because I had just bought a new 3D TV, and new sound system for my bedroom. Read morePublished 7 days ago by jokerdriver13
Expected dvd to be new but has clearly been pre-owned and re-sealed as there was some dust in the case and smudges. Slight scratch on disk and film jumped a few times. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Stephanie
This product's forum
Search Customer Discussions