Do you run a limited company? Are you responsible for record-keeping in a company secretary role?
If you run a limited company, there is a whole range of legal duties and formalities you must follow. For the time-pressed limited company manager this can be a fraught process, as there are severe financial penalties for not complying with the limited company regulations.
This is where How to Run a Limited Company can help. This limited company guide is ideal for anyone who has taken on the role of company secretary. It provides clear advice on the limited company procedures to follow and paperwork to complete on key issues. Whether it’s appointing a limited company director, issuing shares or declaring a dividend, How to Run a Limited Company shows you how to comply with the requirements of Companies House, simply and effectively.
Most books on company law tend to be long and impenetrable. They make it hard for the non-professional company officer to see what he or she has to do. The authors have 20 years’ experience of providing professional company secretary advice, so they know the information and guidance limited company managers want. In writing How to Run a Limited Company they have honed down their expertise and knowledge into a simple guide for people who are responsible for ensuring that they keep their limited company operating within the law.
This expanded second edition of How to Run a Limited Company now includes more template minutes and resolutions. This expert guide includes a vast range of limited company advice and answers all your limited company questions including:
Limited company formation
- How do I form a limited company?
- When a limited company is formed, what happens and what limited company forms do I need to deal with?
Limited company directors
- What are a limited company director’s status and duties?
- How do I appoint a director?
- What is a company secretary?
- How is I appoint or remove a company secretary?
Issuing shares and share capital
- What are the different classes of share?
- How do we increase the share capital in issue (rights issue)?
- How do shareholders take decisions?
- What company resolutions do I send to Companies House?
- What should a typical board meeting agenda contain?
- Do all directors have to attend board meetings?
- What is a dividend?
- How do I waive a dividend?
Plus much, much more....
How to Run a Limited Company also includes a range of limited company procedures including:
- Application form for shares
- Share issue
- Board resolution making a call on shares
- Typical minutes of Annual General Meeting
- Company resolutions to be filed at Companies House
- Contents of statutory books
- Layout of registers
- Register of shareholders
- Appointing a director
- Transferring shares
- Contract for sale of shares in a private company
And limited company template forms including:
- Memorandum of Association
- Model Articles of Association
- Old Articles Table A - introductory contents sheet
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Share certificate
- Stock transfer form
Find out all you need to know on how to run a company with this easy and expert one-stop guide.
Valid in the UK