on 9 March 2015
I have been a big fan of DT since Images & Words so I was pleasantly surprised to find this book was out.

I could not put this book down, as it fits an awful lot of story into its pages. It has contributions with pretty much every past and present member, with the exception of Kevin Moore, who declined for some reason, and covers the entire history from day one right up to the first album with the "new" Mike. It is a very good read but I do have two minor issues with the paperback version: Firstly, as it has so much packed into it, the type is a little small and can prove difficult to focus after prolonged reading, and secondly, there are photo credits listed but no actual photos!!

However, if you are not really bothered about pics it still is an absorbing and must read book for DT Fans.
on 8 April 2014
I have been a DT fan since the beginning and this book is like a thriller I could not put down. I knew the basic story but many aspects of the plot were new to me. The book goes into excruciating details about the band, managers, record company, touring, etc etc, basically all that I want to know as a DT addict. No fans will find it boring. The work behind this is enormous, and thanks to the author for writing it.
LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT EDITION!!! Since then many things happened and I can t wait to read the inside story about the Astonishing.
on 12 September 2014
Really good read. Most books of this ilk can get a little samey but this kept me riveted from page one. There is enough detail to keep even the most ardent of fans interested. Whilst only of note to fans of the band, have you ever tried reading biographies of bands/people you don't like, it is worth the effort and will reward the reader.

The only reason I have dropped of a star is there is no discography or any of the individual members solo releases.
on 22 February 2014
I am a big fan of Dream Theater, and this book is awesome!!!!! You can understand how the band become famous doing what they loved!!!!!!
on 30 October 2014
This is a very interesting and cool book,and i love dream theater,such an awesome band to see live!!