Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.79

on 10 April 2014
Just read this book (or as much of this book as I was able to). I picked it up on the recommendation of a couple of people who I like and respect, but frankly it's left me questioning their judgement. This one sucks.

The first half of the book seems to be a self congratulatory ramble through the personal history of someone who clearly thinks they have something of value to say. It goes on for page after page, saying nothing of interest, but allowing the author to tell anyone with the staying power to stick with it what a smart, dynamic, bike riding, jewellery wearing action man he is. Nothing but literary masturbation. You'd have to work pretty hard on the second half of the book to find anything of any kind of value.

Time for a bit of honesty when it comes to reviewing mate's, client's and associate's books I think. It's just a shame that I bought the kindle version as I would have loved to use this to start the BBQ.
44 comments|6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 July 2014
As a devotee of the three principles I understood the underlying message but found the author's brash, egotistical style of writing too much to stomach and just felt sorry for the casualties of his journey.
on 27 March 2014
got this book for hubby to read on his ipad. i
he love books to read and this book
life beyond money
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Just finished reading it now....I actually interviewed Julian earlier tonight... Julian had been a fellow student on a course that I was on, a few years ago. The course deeply impacted me! So much so, that it led me to hosting a blog talk radio show in which I explore the understanding that was being shared on the course. It also impacted Julian, so much that he decide to write this book in which he incorporates the life changing understanding. If you have a nagging doubt that material gain and money are not 'The Answer'. Then read this book! Thanks Julian. A touching, inspiring, wonderful read.
on 23 January 2014
A refreshingly honest journey from Julian Freeman. The conversational writing style appealed to me, and at times felt like I was in direct conversation with the author. You can feel the truth in his words, and I could relate to the highs and lows of his experience. It gave me new perspective on many areas of my own life and I will go back and read again and no doubt hear something new. Looking forward to a follow up...
on 3 July 2014
I got little from this book - I was hoping for some profound insight however it just seemed to serve the purpose of justification for the author and I left with the feeling it wasn't really written for anyone other than themselves.

I've great respect for anyone that chooses to write including Julian however this was not one for me, sorry.
on 13 April 2015
A wonderful book that is very open and honest about Julians life through what was a tough period for him.

I especially love the part of his trip to Pamplona and the Bull run.
It felt like being there with him.
In the moment.

I would highly recommend this book.
on 11 December 2013
This is a very easy to read and "unputdownable" book which will transform your thinking about what is important in your life and set you on the road to a happier and more fulfilling life. Highly recommended.
on 6 June 2014
Life Beyond Money is a surprising, yet refreshing read.

From the beginning it hooks you in to a journey that is so, so common.
You'll recognise it when you read it!

During his journey, Julian Freeman wears his heart on his sleeve, you sense his heart felt highs and lows both in his personal and business life.

But this is curiously different from the "other books" in this area.

While people search for the elusive "Holy Grail" to find a "How to book" to give them a road map to follow that easily solves problems in their life, this book is written in a subtle and powerful way that uses the Three Principles.

What I liked is how the author weaves the Three Principles into the journey with Golden Nuggets to take away.

It creates a new way of thinking, understanding that allows insights and aha moments surface.

There's a Hero's Journey theme in the book.

I found "Running With Bulls" chapter deeply connected with me and perhaps you will feel the same.

My thoughts are your life's journey has "it's ups and downs" and the wisdom you can receive from this book is like having a a compass in your hand pointing and guiding you in the right direction.

I highly recommend reading Life Beyond Money.

If you're looking for a enjoyable book that's refreshing and different, yet opens the mind to receive insights that will help guide you then this book is well worth buying.
on 22 November 2013
This book is literally a beast. I read this once a month to refresh my view on why I don't need a massive salary. It makes me see the true meaning of life.