on 4 July 2011
I'm a student and I bought this travelguide for a 2-week-trip to NYC in June 2011.

It's quite a comprehensive, very well organised (categories food, sights, accomodation, nightlife, etc ordered by regin/borough) guide to NYC. A lot of things recommended are free or not very expensive, so ideal for students. They give a lot of insider information and advice for sights off the main tourist attractions and emphasise ways to get into the culture of NYC (a lot of free museums, architecture, getaways, neighbourhood information & tips).

I didn't give 5 stars because of some (minor) disadvantages:
- few (black&white) pictures
- tiny mistakes in the maps (spelling, Atlantic Terminal was missing)

If these don't bother you and you want to have a good travel guide for a student's visit to NYC or see the city from a less touristic side, go for it :).
I wouldn't recommend this travelguide for stays of less than 3 days, though - to do all the touristic stuff you need about 4 days and might prefer a travelguide with a better map/more info on the main sights than this one ...

Enjoy your stay!