on 19 November 2002
If you want a step by step book that teaches you all the skills needed to do bobbin lace, then this is the book for you. Everything is systematically laid out and she slowly teaches you new skills in an easy to understand manner. She also gives directions on how to make your own lace pillow so the initial expense to starting this hobby is decreased. I still enjoy using many of her patterns after I have mastered more difficult ones. She also teaches you how to read and understand patterns so you can graduate to doing patterns from other sources. Overall a great book!
on 17 April 2012
I bought this as a gift for my mum who took up lace making about a year ago, she was really pleased with it as it contains patterns for items she hasn't made before and new stitches to try. She said "It's great"
on 16 December 2012
Great book I can look up the stiches and maybe one day complete a piece of lace I have designed myself.
on 7 April 2013
A very inspiring book that I think that I can learn a lot from. It has many very nice and useful patterns that I long to try to follow,
on 17 April 2015
Good book to start learning bobbin lace without a teacher or group